- Publication Date
- Ten issues yearly
- completely irregular
- serial (sobekcm)
- review (marcgt)
- periodical (marcgt)
- Resource Identifier
- 020510821 (ALEPH)
- 418279162 (OCLC)
- SFRA-NEWSLETTER (USFLDC AGGCODE)
- Science Fiction Research Association
- University of South Florida -- Libraries
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. (System Details)
- Print began with no. 1 in 1971; ceased with no. 193 (Dec. 1991). (Dates or Sequential Designation)
- Official publication of the Science Fiction Research Association. (Issuing Body)
- Description based on: No. 31 (Aug. 1974); title from cover (viewed June 29, 2009).
- Physical Description
- 193 no. : ; 28 cm.
- Hypatia Press, etc.]
- Place of Publication
- [Eugene, Or., etc.
- Related Item
- SFRA review (1998 : Online) (Succeeded by)
- Subjects / Keywords
- Science fiction -- History and criticism -- Periodicals (lcsh)
- Science fiction -- Book reviews -- Periodicals (lcsh)
- Fantasy fiction -- History and criticism -- Periodicals (lcsh)
- Fantasy fiction -- Book reviews -- Periodicals (lcsh)
- SFRA newsletter
- Alternate Title
- Science Fiction Research Association newsletter (Portion of title)
- Uniform Title
- SFRA newsletter (Online)
Rights and Access
SFRA Newsletter [Science Fiction Research Association]
Established in 1970, the Science Fiction Research Association is the oldest professional organization devoted to the study of science fiction and fantasy in literature and film. The SFRA seeks to improve pedagogy, encourage scholarship, and bring attention to new publications by hosting an annual conference and publishing The Review.
Originally titled The Newsletter, The Review is a quarterly periodical devoted to review essays of new publications in science fiction, fantasy, and speculative fiction. While The Review focuses heavily on new fiction titles, it also includes review essays on new works of science fiction criticism, theory, and history. Also included are letters to the editor and articles that debate the form, function, and purpose of science fiction review essays.
In a partnership with the Science Fiction Research Association, Special and Digital Collections at the University of South Florida's Tampa Library provides free, unlimited online access to select issues of the SFRA Review that were published between 1974 and 2008. The collection currently includes 130 fully searchable issues in PDF files. Additional titles will be added to the collection as they become available.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.