Lynn Haven Public Library

Citation
Lynn Haven Public Library

Material Information

Title:
Lynn Haven Public Library
Language:
English
Physical Description:
[1] p. : ; 28 x 22 cm.

Subjects

Subjects / Keywords:
Public libraries -- -- History -- Florida -- -- Lynn Haven -- ( lcsh )
Genre:
letter ( marcgt )

Record Information

Source Institution:
University of South Florida Library
Holding Location:
University of South Florida
Rights Management:
All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
Resource Identifier:
F16-00025 ( USFLDC DOI )
f16.25 ( USFLDC Handle )

USFLDC Membership

Aggregations:
Added automatically
Florida Library History Project

Postcard Information

Format:
Book

Downloads

This item has the following downloads:


Full Text
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.loc.govstandardsmarcxmlschemaMARC21slim.xsd
leader ntm 22 Ka 4500
controlfield tag 008 s flunnn| ||||ineng
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a F16-00025
040
FHM
049
FHmm
0 245
Lynn Haven Public Library
300
[1] p. ;
c 28 x 22 cm.
4 610
Lynn Haven Public Library --
x History
650
Public libraries --
z Florida --
Lynn Haven --
History
1 773
t Florida Library History Project
856
u http://digital.lib.usf.edu/?f16.25



PAGE 1

Florida Library History ProjectLynn Haven Public Library In 1911, a group of 14 Lynn Haven women formed The Lynn Haven Literary Club. With an admission fee of 15 cents and weekly dues of three cents, the library began to grow beyond its small beginnings of one book and three magazines to a 500 volume collection in only three years. The Lynn Haven Literary Club originally began meeting in private homes, until, in 1913 the Lynn Haven Bank gave permission for the club to use a back room in the bank building for a permanent location. In 1922 the McMullin family donated a house and land to be used as for the city library. In 1970, a new library building was dedicated and was expanded in 1988 for a total area of 7,692 square feet. The Library now has a collection of almost 20,000 volumes, and can boast Internet and computer technology for advanced reference and research assistance. Sources:Bell, Harold, Glimses of the Panhandle, Adams Press 1961


printinsert_linkshareget_appmore_horiz

Download Options

close
Choose Size
Choose file type
Cite this item close

APA

Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.

MLA

Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.

CHICAGO

Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.

WIKIPEDIA

Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.