|USFDC Home||| RSS|
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.loc.govstandardsmarcxmlschemaMARC21slim.xsd
leader cgm 2200349Ia 4500
controlfield tag 005 20101216133727.0
006 m c
007 gs c|||f
008 101213s2010 flunnn o sneng
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a Z03-A019
Zylstra, Sape A.
[Johnson-Wolff house, 6823 South DeSoto Street, Tampa, Fla., east entrance]
h [online resource].
[Tampa, Fla.] :
b University of South Florida Tampa Library,
1 online resource (1 slide : col.)
Title supplied by cataloger.
Originally, the house had a flat roof and wrought-iron balconies at the second-floor windows. Its symmetry and window proportions and spacing are part of its Georgian (Revival) character. It was built ca. 1885 by the Plant Steamship Company for an employee. Henry Johnson, a captain in the Spanish-American War, bought it in 1893, after which date the hipped roof and pediment were added, quite in keeping with the rest and, in fact, an improvement. Ethel Wolff, Johnson's daughter, later owned it. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This view is of the east entrance.
Description supplied by Sape A. Zylstra.
Forms part of: Sape A. Zylstra collection of Tampa architectural slides.
Colonial revival (Architecture)
t Sape A. Zylstra collection of Tampa architectural slides