|USFDC Home||| RSS|
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.loc.govstandardsmarcxmlschemaMARC21slim.xsd
leader ngm 2200337Ia 4500
controlfield tag 001 002370728
006 m c
007 gs c|||f
008 110201s2010 flunnn o sneng
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a Z03-A041
Zylstra, Sape A.
[Anderson-Frank house, 341 Plant Avenue, Tampa, Fla., east view]
h [online resource].
[Tampa, Fla.] :
b University of South Florida Tampa Library,
1 online resource (1 slide : col.)
Built at the end of the 19th century and finished in 1901, the house has a porch wrapped half-way around it and swallowing the main entrance, which is central but to the right of where the porch deepens at the left-side pavilion. Above the entrance and between the pavilions is a balcony with a curved railing (over a straight plan) and a high, carved frieze on spindly columns. Above this, on the third level and more or less in line with the windows in the pediments, is the Palladian window cum dormer. On the northside, the chimney cuts through a pediment which tops the windows flanking the chimney, while next to this a hexagonal tower bay ends in a chimneyless version of its neighboring arrangement. It was originally owned by James Buchannan Anderson, who started the Exchange National Bank. This is a view from the east.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Description supplied by Sape A. Zylstra.
Forms part of: Sape A. Zylstra collection of Tampa architectural slides.
Architecture, Queen Anne
t Sape A. Zylstra collection of Tampa architectural slides