- Permanent Link:
- Della Krieger oral history interview
- Series Title:
- Holocaust survivors oral history project
- Uniform Title:
- Holocaust & genocide studies oral history projects
- Krieger, Della, 1920-
Lockler, Tori Chambers, 1976-
Florida Holocaust Museum
University of South Florida Libraries -- Holocaust & Genocide Studies Center
University of South Florida -- Library. -- Special & Digital Collections. -- Oral History Program
- Place of Publication:
- Tampa, Fla
- University of South Florida Tampa Library
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 sound file (31 min.) : digital, MPEG4 file + ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Germany ( lcsh )
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Personal narratives ( lcsh )
Holocaust survivors -- Interviews ( lcsh )
Holocaust survivors -- Florida ( lcsh )
Genocide ( lcsh )
Crimes against humanity ( lcsh )
- Oral history.
interview ( marcgt )
- Oral history interview with Holocaust survivor Della Krieger. Krieger was born in 1920 in Dresden, Germany. Her mother died when she was born and her father was frequently away on business, so much of her childhood was spent with her elder brother and the family's housekeeper. When she was in middle school, Krieger met her friend Puppe, a Christian girl. Although Puppe was a member of the Hitler Youth, the two girls were good friends. They were separated by the war, but eventually managed to get back into contact. A seamstress by trade, Krieger immigrated to the United States in 1938, where she met her husband, Hans Krieger, and married him in 1946. Her husband was also a Holocaust survivor, who escaped on a Kindertransport, came to the United States, and eventually liberated a concentration camp.
- Interview conducted November 23, 2010.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- interviewed by Tori Lockler.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- 027434778 ( ALEPH )
703841642 ( OCLC )
F60-00046 ( USFLDC DOI )
f60.46 ( USFLDC Handle )