Aeroplanes bombing villages
- Permanent Link:
- Aeroplanes bombing villages
- Adam, Attaib Othman
- Place of Publication:
- Refugee camp, Eastern Chad
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- Wax crayons on paper. : ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Genocide -- Sudan -- Darfur ( lcsh )
Ethnic conflict -- Sudan -- Darfur ( lcsh )
Refugees -- Pictorial Works -- Sudan ( lcsh )
History -- Pictorial works -- Sudan -- Darfur conflict ( lcsh )
pictorial works -- Darfur (Sudan) ( lcsh )
- Drawings (Visual Works).
Drawings (Visual Works) ( lcsh )
- An 8 year old boy drew the pictures of what he saw when his village in Darfur was attacked. The Sudan air force bombed villages using its airplanes and military tanks were also used to fire mortars into the villages. It is evident that these attacks left many homes destroyed after being torched by the military.
- General Note:
- On the back side of the physical drawing is Arabic text that translates to, "In the name of God the most compassionate and the most merciful. My name is Attaib Othman Adam. I lived in Sudan for 5 years and in Chad for 3 years."
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
- Resource Identifier:
- W36-00120-B ( USFLDC DOI )
w36.120b ( USFLDC Handle )
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xlink http:www.w3.org1999xlink xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance
leader 00000nas 2200000Ka 4500
controlfield tag 008 000000c19749999pautr p s 0 0eng d
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a W36-00120-B
Adam, Attaib Othman.
[Aeroplanes bombing villages].
Refugee camp, Eastern Chad,
Wax crayons on paper.
On the back side of the physical drawing is Arabic text that translates to, "In the name of God the most compassionate and the most merciful. My name is Attaib Othman Adam. I lived in Sudan for 5 years and in Chad for 3 years."
An 8 year old boy drew the pictures of what he saw when his village in Darfur was attacked. The Sudan air force bombed villages using its airplanes and military tanks were also used to fire mortars into the villages. It is evident that these attacks left many homes destroyed after being torched by the military.
Copyright: Waging Peace.
v Pictorial Works.
Drawings (Visual Works).
t Waging Peace Darfuri Children's Drawings
Download Options [CUSTOM IMAGE]close
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.