Life before and during the attack
- Permanent Link:
- Life before and during the attack
- Place of Publication:
- Refugee camp, Eastern Chad
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- Pencil on graph paper. : ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Genocide -- Sudan -- Darfur ( lcsh )
Ethnic conflict -- Sudan -- Darfur ( lcsh )
Refugees -- Pictorial works -- Sudan ( lcsh )
History -- Pictorial works -- Sudan -- Darfur conflict ( lcsh )
Pictorial works -- Darfur (Sudan) ( lcsh )
- Drawings (Visual works).
Drawings (Visual works) ( lcsh )
- Drawing that depicts life in a Darfuri village before and during an attack by the Sudanese military. The top part of the drawing shows ordinary village life before the attack, including buildings, a woman taking care of her children and animals, and children playing. The bottom part of the drawing shows how the village was attacked from helicopter and by soldiers with machine guns while the villagers slept. Also shows how those who tried to escape were shot.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
- Resource Identifier:
- W36-00477-A ( USFLDC DOI )
w36.477a ( USFLDC Handle )
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xlink http:www.w3.org1999xlink xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance
leader 00000nas 2200000Ka 4500
controlfield tag 008 000000c19749999pautr p s 0 0eng d
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a W36-00477-A
[Life before and during the attack].
Refugee camp, Eastern Chad,
Pencil on graph paper.
Drawing that depicts life in a Darfuri village before and during an attack by the Sudanese military. The top part of the drawing shows ordinary village life before the attack, including buildings, a woman taking care of her children and animals, and children playing. The bottom part of the drawing shows how the village was attacked from helicopter and by soldiers with machine guns while the villagers slept. Also shows how those who tried to escape were shot.
Arabic text on the drawing translates to, "Bodega. First, we had little parks in the Fur quarter. Palm tree, mosque. In the beginning, we had playgrounds. Liberation."
v Pictorial works.
Drawings (Visual works).
t Waging Peace Darfuri Children's Drawings
Download Options [CUSTOM IMAGE]close
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.