- Permanent Link:
- DuPree Press collection
- DuPree, Linnell L, 1910-1996
- Physical Description:
- 1.67 : (5 boxes) ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- African Americans -- History -- Florida -- Tampa ( lcsh )
Printing industry -- Florida -- History ( lcsh )
- Scope and Content:
- This collection consists of program souvenir books produced for various local organizations including Beulah Baptist Institutional Church, The Charmettes, Inc., Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority, the Masons, mutual aid societies, and various women's groups. Also included in this collection are drafts of the programs, blank certificates, local high school commencement announcements, and funeral programs.
- Preferred Citation:
- DuPree Press Collection, Special Collections Department, Tampa Library, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida.
- Linnel L. DuPree
- Linnell L. DuPree, born October 22, 1910 in Athens, Georgia, enjoyed a long career in printing in the Tampa Bay area. He graduated from the Athens High Industrial School and then attended Payne College. After moving to Tampa, he worked on many projects including the [i]Tampa Bulletin[/i] and the early issues of the [i]Florida Sentinel Bulletin[/i]. The DuPree Press, which operated for over 50 years, began in 1944. Mr. DuPree was actively involved in many local organizations including the Gamma Eta Chapter-Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, the Frontiers of Tampa, the Tampa Urban League, the NAACP, and Beulah Baptist Institutional Church. He was also one of the founders of the Community Federal Savings and Loan Association. He died September 22, 1996.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- None. The contents of this collection may be subject to copyright. Visit the United States Copyright Office's website at [url=http://www.copyright.gov/%C2%A0]http://www.copyright.gov/[/url]for more information.
- Resource Identifier:
- D30 ( USFLDC CID )
u29.223-d30-ead ( USFLDC Handle )
- Mixed Material