- Permanent Link:
- Chinsegut Hill correspondence
- Robins, Margaret Dreier, 1868-1945
- Physical Description:
- 0.42 : (1.00 box) ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Agriculture -- Florida ( lcsh )
Cattle -- Florida -- History ( lcsh )
Correspondence ( lcsh )
Florida -- History, Local ( lcsh )
- Scope and Content:
- Various forms of correspondence relating to the Dreier-Robins family and Chinsegut Hill. Copies of newspaper articles relating to Chinsegut Hill are also included.
- Preferred Citation:
- Robins Correspondence - Chinsegut Hill Collection, Special Collections, Tampa Library, University of South Florida Tampa Campus.
- Richard M. Wingard, Sr.
- Margaret Dreier Robins was born in 1868 in Brooklyn, New York. She left New York in 1925 and moved to Florida with her husband, Colonel Raymond Robins. The Robins' resided at a large estate called Chinsegut Hill near Brooksville, Florida. Margaret was a founder and leader of the National Women's Trade Union League and an outspoken crusader for equal rights for women in the workplace. She and her husband were also active in politics and campaigned for candidates in both major parties as well as the National Progressive Party. She died in 1945.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- None. The contents of this collection may be subject to copyright. Visit the United States Copyright Office's website at [url=http://www.copyright.gov/%C2%A0]http://www.copyright.gov/[/url] for more information.
- Resource Identifier:
- R03 ( USFLDC CID )
u29.237-r03-ead ( USFLDC Handle )
- Mixed Material