Bretonian Seaside (detail)
- Permanent Link:
- Bretonian Seaside (detail)
- Gauguin, Paul, 1848-1903 ( Artist : painter )
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Oslo, Norway
Harbour Breton, United Kingdom
Style: French Post-Impressionist
picture ( marcgt )
- In 1874 he saw the first Impressionist exhibition, which completely entranced him and confirmed his desire to become a painter. He spent some 17,000 francs on works by Manet, Monet, Sisley, Pissarro, Renoir and Guillaumin. Pissarro took a special interest in his attempts at painting, emphasizing that he should `look for the nature that suits your temperament', and in 1876 Gauguin had a landscape in the style of Pissarro accepted at the Salon.
- General Note:
- Design Date: 1889 (signed & dated)
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- A01-PFF0118 ( USFLDC DOI )
a1.pff0118 ( USFLDC Handle )
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.loc.govstandardsmarcxmlschemaMARC21slim.xsd
leader nkm 22 a 4500
controlfield tag 007 kh|mo|
008 s flunnn| ||||ineng
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a A01-PFF0118
Gauguin, Paul, 1848-1903.
e Artist : painter
Bretonian Seaside (detail)
b 92 x 75 cm.
Oil on canvas.
Design Date: 1889 (signed & dated)
In 1874 he saw the first Impressionist exhibition, which completely entranced him and confirmed his desire to become a painter. He spent some 17,000 francs on works by Manet, Monet, Sisley, Pissarro, Renoir and Guillaumin. Pissarro took a special interest in his attempts at painting, emphasizing that he should `look for the nature that suits your temperament', and in 1876 Gauguin had a landscape in the style of Pissarro accepted at the Salon.
Harbour Breton, United Kingdom.
Style: French Post-Impressionist.
t Art and Art History Collection (Saskia)
No images are available for this item.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.