Motherhood at the Window (detail)
- Permanent Link:
- Motherhood at the Window (detail)
- Denis, Maurice, 1870-1943 ( Artist : painter )
Musee d'Orsay. ID=FPO
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Paris, France
Style: French Nabi
picture ( marcgt )
- Maurice Denis had nine children with his two successive wives. His life was the exaltation of the Christian family. From the birth of his first child in 1894, he does not cease painting motherhood.. These works testify to the roots of his happiness in Brittany where it spendshis holidays. The members of his family are for the painter the actors of scenes religious or mythological which he translates.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- A01-PFF0324 ( USFLDC DOI )
a1.pff0324 ( USFLDC Handle )
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.loc.govstandardsmarcxmlschemaMARC21slim.xsd
leader nkm 22 a 4500
controlfield tag 007 kh|mo|
008 s flunnn| ||||ineng
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a A01-PFF0324
Denis, Maurice, 1870-1943.
e Artist : painter
Motherhood at the Window (detail).
b 70 x 46 cm.
c Oil on canvas
Maurice Denis had nine children with his two successive wives. His life was the exaltation of the Christian family. From the birth of his first child in 1894, he does not cease painting motherhood.. These works testify to the roots of his happiness in Brittany where it spendshis holidays. The members of his family are for the painter the actors of scenes religious or mythological which he translates.
Style: French Nabi.
Musee d'Orsay. ID=FPO
t Art and Art History Collection (Saskia)
Closeup; mother and child
No images are available for this item.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.