- Permanent Link:
- Gardelegen atrocity
- Keystone Photo Service
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photographs ( lcsh )
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Photographs ( lcsh )
Holocaust victims -- Photographs ( lcsh )
Photographs -- Gardelegen (Germany) ( lcsh )
- Caption on back of photograph reads: "GARDELEGEN ATROCITY. Only 4 men have survived the death march when 13 to 15 hundred political prisoners were marched away from Eastern Germany, and brought to Gardenlegn [sic], where they were herded in a barn and burned to death. Those who managed to escape flamers, were shot by the guards. Here a political prisoner lies dead by the road where he was shot when he fell during the death march to the barn."
- General Note:
- "VADIVERT/POOL/INP/F. KEYSTONE 490039."
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This item may be protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. The user is responsible for making a final determination of copyright status. If copyright protection applies, permission must be obtained from the copyright holder to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to the law.
- Resource Identifier:
- N08-00203 ( USFLDC DOI )
n8.203 ( USFLDC Handle )
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xlink http:www.w3.org1999xlink xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance
leader nkm 22 Ka 4500
controlfield tag 008 000000c19391945pautr p s 0 0eng d
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a N08-00203
Keystone Photo Service.
"VADIVERT/POOL/INP/F. KEYSTONE 490039."
Caption on back of photograph reads: "GARDELEGEN ATROCITY. Only 4 men have survived the death march when 13 to 15 hundred political prisoners were marched away from Eastern Germany, and brought to Gardenlegn [sic], where they were herded in a barn and burned to death. Those who managed to escape flamers, were shot by the guards. Here a political prisoner lies dead by the road where he was shot when he fell during the death march to the barn."
The University of South Florida Libraries provide access to this item to support research, scholarship, and teaching. The Libraries do not hold copyright for this image and can neither grant nor deny permission to publish.
World War, 1939-1945
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)
t Photographs of the Nazi war crimes trials, 1945-1946
Download Options [CUSTOM IMAGE]close
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.