- Permanent Link:
- Chalcatzingo Monument 31
- Collins, Lori D.
Doering, Travis F.
Gonzalez, Jorge ( Modeler )
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Cultural Heritage ( lcsh )
Places and Scenes ( local )
Products And Technology ( local )
Science, Nature, and Education ( local )
3D Model ( Format/Resource Type )
Archaeology ( lcsh )
Education ( lcsh )
Laser scanning ( local )
Mexico ( lcsh )
Olmecs ( lcsh )
- Chalcatzingo, Morelos, Mexico Middle Formative Period The site contains one of the most extensive collections of Middle Formative period (c. 900-500 BC) bas-relief stone sculpture outside of the Olmec Gulf Coast lowlands.
Monument 31 shows a feline with a beak-like mouth who is holding a human personage facing down with what appears to be entrails extending from the stomach region. The feline has a cloud ( â€œSâ€ shaped symbol) and what has been interpretted to be three raindrops overhead.
Documented with terrestrial laser scanning techniques (Doering, Collins) and 3D modeled using Geomagic and Maya software (Collins and Jorge Gonzalez- final model).
Project collaborative- USF Doering and Collins and Arqueólogo Mario Córdova Tello - Director del Proyecto Arqueológico Chalcatzingo and Arqueóloga Carolina Meza Rodríguez - Responsable Operativo de la Z. A. Chalcatzingo.
- General Note:
- Hashtags: 3dmodeling, archaeology, education, laserscanning, mexico, olmec
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- U44-00014 ( USFLDC DOI )
u44.14 ( USFLDC Handle )
0779143fb9e744cb9f8f3157de9da127 ( Sketchfab:DataUID )