Addison Blockhouse Ruins
- Permanent Link:
- Addison Blockhouse Ruins
- Collins, Lori D.
Doering, Travis F.
Gonzalez, Jorge ( Modeler )
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Architecture (Discipline) ( lcsh )
Cultural Heritage ( lcsh )
Science, Nature, and Education ( local )
3D Model ( Format/Resource Type )
Archaeology ( lcsh )
Architecture ( lcsh )
Education ( lcsh )
Florida state parks ( local )
History ( local )
Laser scanning ( local )
- The Addison Block House (8Vo193) is part of the Florida Park System in Volusia County. The blockhouse was built around the ruins of a house/kitchen that date to the early 1800s and was reused in 1836 as a defensive structure as part of General Winfield Scottâ€™s campaign against the Seminoles. (The Second Seminole War, also known as the Florida War, was a conflict from 1835 to 1842 in Florida).
The site had been recorded in 1952 with drawings by archaeologist John Griffin. In 2000, Architect Herschel Shepard made CAD renders of the ruin. USFâ€™s Drs. Lori Collins and Travis Doering were asked to record the structure in 2013, using the latest 3D survey techniques. The as built drawings and planimetric analyses are helping to preserve and stabilize the structure.
- General Note:
- Hashtags: 3dmodeling, archaeology, architecture, education, florida, floridastateparks, history, laserscanning, seminolewars
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- U44-00022 ( USFLDC DOI )
u44.22 ( USFLDC Handle )
82eb0474d4b148799327a14c8f41bafe ( Sketchfab:DataUID )
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.