Launch Complex 34 Apollo 1 memorial
- Permanent Link:
- Launch Complex 34 Apollo 1 memorial
- Collins, Lori D.
Doering, Travis F.
Gonzalez, Jorge ( Modeler )
Garcia, Noelia ( Contributor )
45th Space Wing of the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station ( Sponsor )
- Place of Publication:
- Tampa, Fla
- University of South Florida Libraries
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- 3D model ( Format/Resource type )
Air bases ( lcsh )
Canaveral, Cape (Fla. : Cape) ( lcsh )
Heritage ( local )
History ( local )
Landmarks ( Getty )
Laser scanning ( local )
Outer space ( lcsh )
- Launch Complex 34 of the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) was constructed between June 1959 and February 1961, and is associated with the Saturn 1 and Saturn 1B missile test flights and two Apollo program launchesâ€“including the tragic Apollo 1 launch rehearsal fire and the successful Apollo 7 mission. The site was deactivated in November of 1971, and two years later it was abandoned in place. Today the site serves as a memorial to the Apollo 1 tragedy and is part of a National Historic Landmark District designation along with several historic Launch Complex facilities located on the CCAFS. Laser scanned with a phase shift scanner, and documented with photogrammetry, imaging and GPS survey.
- General Note:
- Hashtags: 3dmodeling, airforce, capecanaveral, heritage, history, landmark, laserscanning, nasa, space
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- U44-00050 ( USFLDC DOI )
u44.50 ( USFLDC Handle )
a1eeed726ec64f54aafacd9f073fcc19 ( Sketchfab:DataUID )
This item has the following downloads:
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.