Temple Terrace Sentinel
The Temple Terrace Sentinel was published from January 17, 1940 to July 4, 1946. It was presented to the Temple Terrace Public Library by the Temple Terrace Lions Club in honor of the owner, publisher, and editor, Mr. John L. Perry. The collection was subsequently donated to the USF Library Special Collections department. This small, weekly publication is presented in a newsletter format and displays the tagline: “Temple Terrace’s first newspaper. We print only the truth.” The publications content, written by reporters Jimmy Hawk, Jules Swanson, and Whitney Pinnell includes community news, births, deaths, illnesses, civic announcements, classified advertisements, and anecdotes.