- Primarily consists of records generated by the Club's President ("President's Book"), including meeting minutes, reports and event information. Also includes scrapbooks and other ephemera. (Summary)
- Resource Identifier
- 024508425 (ALEPH)
- 642346430 (OCLC)
- USFWOMEN (USFLDC AGGCODE)
- Univeresity of South Florida -- USF Women's Club
- USF Women's Club records, Special Collections Department, Tampa Library, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida. (Preferred Citation)
- The USF Women's Club was established July 24, 1960 when Grace Allen, the wife of USF's first president, John Allen, invited every USF wife and female staff member to her home. The Club they formed that day continues as a vibrant social, cultural and charitable volunteer organization with over 100 members. (Biographical)
- Physical Description
- 37 boxes : ;
- Mixed Material
- Subjects / Keywords
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- Florida -- Tampa (lcsh)
- USF Women's Club records
- Alternate Title
- University of South Florida Women's Club records (Alternate title)
- Mixed Material
Rights and Access
USF Women's Club Collection
On August 8, 1960, days before the University of South Florida officially opened, USF's first First Lady Grace Allen opened her home to host the first meeting of the USF Women's Club. The club has served an important social role, especially at a time when many wives of faculty did not work outside the home. Women's roles have changed significantly since 1960, but the dedication of the club has remained unchanged. Although playing bridge was a perennial passion, the Women's Club has engaged heavily in many of the activities that make USF great: Service, philanthropy, and hospitality. As the very first club on campus, the Women's Club and its first president Grace Allen set a tone early that such social groups have the potential to change the community for the better. For over fifty years now, the Women's Club has done exactly that, providing scholarships to deserving students and fundraising for the university.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.