- Materials related to the Federal Writers' Project in Florida, part of the federal government's Work Projects Administration. Includes drafts of material to be used in the guidebook on Florida issued by the Writers' Project in 1939. Also contains field manuals for employees and administrative reports on the Writers' Projects and WPA in Florida. The material was collected from the Tampa office of the Federal Writers' Project and covers the years 1935-1943. (Summary)
- Publication Date
- Resource Identifier
- 029115587 (ALEPH)
- 615997341 (OCLC)
- WPA-PAPERS (USFLDC AGGCODE)
- Federal Writers' Project of the Work Projects Administration for the State of Florida
- United States -- Work Projects Administration (Fla.)
- University of South Florida -- Libraries
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. (System Details)
- Title from home page (viewed May 17, 2010).
- University of South Florida Libraries
- Place of Publication
- [Tampa, Fla.]
- Subjects / Keywords
- Social life and customs -- Florida (lcsh)
- Tampa WPA office papers
- Alternate Title
- Work Projects Administration, Tampa papers (Title on search engine)
Rights and Access
Tampa WPA Office Papers
The bulk of this collection consists of manuscripts and revised typescripts of the Florida edition of the American Guide Series; drafts and revisions pertain to Hillsborough County, particularly the city of Tampa, with a substantial number of essays on Ybor City and its immigration history. Correspondence and research by Stetson Kennedy, one of the project's chief editors, is included. Also included are the correspondence and records of daily activities of Carita Doggett Corse, who served as the director of the Florida Writer's Project in 1935.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.