Henry A. Dobson papers
- Permanent Link:
- Henry A. Dobson papers
- Dobson, Henry A., 1878-1898
- Physical Description:
- 1 box|(0.21 linear ft.) : ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Military camps ( lcsh )
Spanish-American War, 1898 ( lcsh )
- Predominantly includes letters, photographs and newsclippings. The Henry A. Dobson Papers primarily contain Dobson's letters home during his time in the Spanish-American War, and the news of his death from typhoid fever in 1898. Dobson's letters detail his battles with illness (often brought on by lack of clean water and food), his relationship with his men as their sergeant, and his experiences in camp life (including his observation that Tampa is a BUM place). Clippings taken after his death contain information on the community response as well as the investigation by the Department of War into his death as a result of potential medical malpractice. The collection also contains photographs of the Dobson family, as well as photos of Dobson while in uniform, and a photo of the grave marker erected for him in 1904.
- Preferred Citation:
- Henry A. Dobson papers, Special Collections Department, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida.
- Sergeant. Henry A. Dobson was a Sergeant during the Spanish-American War.
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- 032395569 ( ALEPH )
869922317 ( OCLC )
HADOBSON-PAPERS ( USFLDC AGGCODE )
- Mixed Material
No images are available for this item.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.