Otero y Colominas Cuban Photographs
- Permanent Link:
- Otero y Colominas Cuban Photographs
- University of South Florida Libraries -- Digital Collections
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Havana (Cuba) ( lcsh )
- Photographs. ( lcgft )
Photographs ( lcgft )
- This collection of 51 photographs contains images depicting many facets of life in Havana in the 1890s. Some landmarks shown include the Cementerio de Cristobal Colon, known for its ornate monuments and gates, and the Alameda de Paula, the oldest boulevard in Havana. Also depicted are several of Havana's leisure destinations, including the Parque San Juan de Dios and the Hotel Mascotte. Many of the photographs feature images of wartime industry such as cavalry docks, soldiers, and munitions factories, illustrating how the Cuban War of Independence affected Havana's civilian population. The collection also contains photographs of Cuban foliage and rivers, as well as other towns.
- General Note:
- Otero y Colominas was a commercial photography firm based at 32 San Rafel in Havana, Cuba during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Along with other early photojournalists, the firm worked to document Havana at peace as well at war, including the Cuban War of Independence from 1895-1898. Many of the firm's photographs first appeared in the Cuban periodical La Figaro, and Otero y Colominas also cultivated an international presence, showing two photographs at the 1900 World's Fair in Paris, France.
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- 036287849 ( ALEPH )
1046656823 ( OCLC )
OTEROYCOLOMINAS ( USFLDC AGGCODE )
No images are available for this item.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.