- Waging Peace Darfuri Children's Drawings
- Publication Date
- Drawings (Visual works).
- Drawings (Visual works)
- Holding Location
- Original drawings held at the Waging Peace London office.
- Waging Peace (Organization)
- University of South Florida -- Libraries
- Waging Peace
- University of South Florida Libraries
- Place of Publication
- [Tampa, Fla.]
- Subjects / Keywords
- Genocide -- Pictorial works -- Sudan -- Darfur
- Ethnic conflict -- Pictorial works -- Sudan -- Darfur
- Refugees -- Pictorial works
- Refugee camps -- Pictorial works -- Chad
- History -- Pictorial works -- Sudan -- Darfur Conflict, 2003-
- Alternate Title
- Darfuri children's drawings
Rights and Access
Waging Peace Darfuri Children's Drawings
In 2007, Waging Peace traveled to the refugee camps of eastern Chad to interview displaced Chadian and Darfuri refugees who had escaped the war in Sudan's Darfur region. While there, the Waging Peace representatives gave paper, crayons, and pens to the children in the camps aged 6 to 18 years old. The children were then asked to draw their hopes for the future and their memories of the war. This collection includes 500 drawings, most of which depict what the children saw when their villages and homes were attacked and destroyed by militia groups. In November 2007, the drawings were taken to the International Criminal Court in the Hague and were accepted by the court as contextual evidence of the crimes committed in Darfur by the government of Sudan and the Janjaweed militia group.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.