- A series of dime novels made available online by University of South Florida Libraries Digital Collections. (Summary)
- Western fiction. (lcgft)
- Detective and mystery fiction. (lcgft)
- serial (sobekcm)
- Western fiction (lcgft)
- Detective and mystery fiction (lcgft)
- Resource Identifier
- 036283155 (ALEPH)
- 1046080200 (OCLC)
- DEADWOODDICKLIBRARY (USFLDC AGGCODE)
- Wheeler, Edward L ( Edward Lytton ), 1854 or 1855-1885 (Wheeler, Edward L)
- University of South Florida Libraries -- Digital Collections
- Began with Volume 1, number 1. (Dates or Sequential Designation)
- Stories by Edward L. Wheeler.
- Reprints of stories originally published by M.J. Ivers.
- "Copyright 1878-1884 by Beadle & Adams. Entered at Post Office, New York, N.Y as second class matter March 15, 1899."
- Physical Description
- 1 online resource. : ;
- Subjects / Keywords
- Western stories (lcsh)
- Detective and mystery stories (lcsh)
- The Deadwood Dick library
Rights and Access
The Deadwood Dick Library
Published by Arthur Westbrook from 1912-1934.
Format: nickel weekly.
From the mid 19th to the early 20th century, the fiction genres known as dime novels, penny dreadfuls, and story papers flourished in England and America. The increasing mechanization of the printing process, more efficient distribution methods, and a rising literacy rate all contributed to this publishing phenomenon. Printed on the cheapest of paper, with lurid cover illustrations, dime novels (which found a name in their ten cent price tag) and story papers were considered ephemeral, to be read, often in secret, passed on to friends, or discarded. These delightful items, ancestors of the ubiquitous mass-market paperbacks of today, reveal the reading tastes of a population often neglected in historical studies.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.