- The Karst collection consists of karst-related data and information, some of which are locally-stored computer files (images, PDFs, etc); others are links to karst-related websites or simply descriptions of physical resources. (Summary)
- serial (sobekcm)
- web site (marcgt)
- Resource Identifier
- 029089758 (ALEPH)
- 259203910 (OCLC)
- KARST (USFLDC AGGCODE)
- University of South Florida -- Libraries
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. (System Details)
- Supported by USF Libraries. (Issuing Body)
- Description based on home page (viewed June 26, 2017).
- USF Libraries
- Place of Publication
- [Tampa, Fla.]
- Subjects / Keywords
- Karst (lcsh)
- Karst -- Research (lcsh)
- Speleology (lcsh)
- Karst information portal
Rights and Access
Karst Information Portal
The Karst Information Portal is an open-access digital library linking scientists, managers, and explorers to quality information resources in order to inform research, to enhance collaboration, and to address policy decisions concerning karst environments.
What is Karst? Globally, more than a billion people depend on karst terrains for their water supplies. These environments host great biodiversity that is poorly understood and contains rare and endangered species. The spectacular geology of karst, as well as significant archaeological and paleontological resources, contributes to the overall scientific, aesthetic, cultural, and economic value of karst landscapes.The Founding partners in this project include:
- National Cave & Karst Research Institute
- University of South Florida Libraries
- University Libraries, University of New Mexico
- Union Internationale de Spéléologie (UIS)
Under the leadership of librarian Todd Chavez, the USF Libraries manage and preserve/archive the digital library. This is the forth iteration of KIP since its launch in 2006. Each platform migration leads to enhancements in access and content and in the coming years, the KIP team will add a comprehensive mapping functionality that will allow readers to explore the database geospatially.
Download the KIP Brochure.
Subscribe to the KIP recently added rss feed.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.