- In honor of the 50th anniversaryof the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, graduate student Stephanie de Silva, with the help of undergraduate students Mary Aragona and Taylor Baber, conducted interviews of USF CSD alumni and previous faculty who shared heartwarming stories of their experiences in USF CSD over the decades and the programs that helped shape their successful careers. (Summary)
- Publication Date
- Oral history.
- Online audio.
- interview (marcgt)
- Oral history
- Online audio
- Resource Identifier
- 036284621 (ALEPH)
- 1046450170 (OCLC)
- OHP-CSD50TH (USFLDC AGGCODE)
- University of South Florida Libraries -- Florida Studies Center. -- Oral History Program
- University of South Florida -- Tampa Library
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. (System Details)
- Streaming audio. (System Details)
- Physical Description
- sound files : digital, MPEG4 files + ;
- University of South Florida Tampa Library
- Place of Publication
- Tampa, Fla
- The USF Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders 50th anniversary oral history program
Rights and Access
The USF Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders 50th Anniversary Oral History Program
In 1967, The University of South Florida added a five year degree known as Communicology. The communicology program was initially housed in a run-down two-story apartment building on Fletcher Avenue endearingly known as “Mildew Manor” and consisted of roughly thirty students interested in speech pathology or audiology. Over the last 50 years, the Department of Communicology has experienced immense changes and growth, becoming what we know today as the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD). CSD is currently housed in a state-of-the art four-story building on campus, offers undergraduate education in language, speech, and hearing science, sign-language interpreting, and Deaf studies, offers graduate education in audiology, communication sciences and disorders, and speech-language pathology, and boasts nationally esteemed faculty. In honor of CSD’s 50th anniversary, graduate student Stephanie de Silva, with the help of undergraduate students Mary Aragona and Taylor Baber, conducted interviews of USF CSD alumni and previous faculty who shared heartwarming stories of their experiences in USF CSD over the decades and the programs that helped shape their successful careers.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.