- The Florida Food Families Oral History Project focuses mostly upon local culinary leaders and mavericks. The interviews document their personal and professional journeys in the world of restaurants, cooking, and family. Food is one of the most vibrant and vital parts of a community, and in the ever-shifting cultural sands of Florida, there is much to learn from the everyday heroes who reinvent Florida every day. Florida Food Families is an open collection, and will be added to over time. (Summary)
- Publication Date
- Oral history. (local)
- Online audio. (local)
- Oral history (local)
- Online audio (local)
- Resource Identifier
- 020510543 (ALEPH)
- 417699327 (OCLC)
- OHP-FLFOODFAMILIES (USFLDC AGGCODE)
- University of South Florida Libraries -- Florida Studies Center. -- Oral History Program
- University of South Florida -- Tampa Library
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. (System Details)
- Streaming audio. (System Details)
- Physical Description
- sound files : digital, MPEG4 file + ;
- University of South Florida Tampa Library
- Place of Publication
- Tampa, Fla
- Subjects / Keywords
- Family-owned business enterprises -- Florida (lcsh)
- Restaurants -- Florida (lcsh)
- Florida food families oral history project
Rights and Access
Florida Food Families Oral History Project
Andy Huse, assistant librarian in USF Libraries' Special Collections, interviews diverse restaurateurs, many of whom are immigrants. The participants outline their unlikely paths to restaurant ownership in the United States, and how the cultures of their homelands influenced their cuisine and business practices and enhanced the flavor of the community.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.