- The Karst Oral History Project is an effort to document the experiences, opinions and ideas of the leading figures in karst science described in their own words. This section includes both printed transcripts and audio recordings of interviews with some of the most accomplished karst scientists of the last several decades. (Summary)
- Publication Date
- Oral history. (local)
- Online audio. (local)
- interview (marcgt)
- Oral history (local)
- Online audio (local)
- Resource Identifier
- 020510475 (ALEPH)
- 417706724 (OCLC)
- OHP-KARST (USFLDC AGGCODE)
- University of South Florida Libraries -- Florida Studies Center. -- Oral History Program
- University of South Florida -- Tampa Library
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. (System Details)
- Streaming audio. (System Details)
- Physical Description
- sound files : digital, MPEG4 files + ;
- University of South Florida Tampa Library
- Place of Publication
- Tampa, Fla
- Subjects / Keywords
- Karst (lcsh)
- Speleology (lcsh)
- Karst oral history project
Rights and Access
Karst Oral History Project
The purpose of the Karst Oral History Project is to preserve for future researchers the experiences, thoughts and insights of prolific karst researchers and authors, such as Alexander Klimchouk, Derek Ford, and William White. The complete audio recordings of these interviews are available, along with a transcript for each.
This special collection is the only one of its kind in the karst sciences. Interviews are generally conducted in conjunction with the University’s Best of Karst events, which are organized by the student-run Karst Research Group, or at geological and speleological conferences. These are generally low-cost methods of growing this special collection, especially considering the distinctiveness and archival value of the materials being collected, and interviews will be pursued whenever an opportunity presents itself.
This project is part of the USF Karst Information Portal.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.