- Digitized versions of the photographs taken in Florida in the 1890s by professional photographer C.H. Stokes along the route of the Orange Belt Railway (later the Sanford & St. Petersburg Railway), which became part of the Plant System of Railways. The photos were used by the railway companies to promote tourism and development. (Summary)
- Publication Date
- picture (marcgt)
- Resource Identifier
- 028149088 (ALEPH)
- 600233486 (OCLC)
- STOKES (USFLDC AGGCODE)
- Stokes, C. H
- Plant System
- University of South Florida -- Libraries
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. (System Details)
- Title from home page (viewed Apr. 5, 2010).
- University of South Florida Libraries
- Place of Publication
- [Tampa, Fla.]
- Subjects / Keywords
- Photographs -- Florida (lcsh)
- Stokes collection of Florida Plant Railway photographs
- Alternate Title
- Stokes, Florida Plant Railway photographs (Sorting title)
Rights and Access
Stokes Collection of Florida Plant Railway Photographs
Concentrating on the Pinellas Pasco region, professional photographer C. H. Stokes found his subjects along the route of the old Orange Belt Railway. Incorporated in 1893, the Sanford & St Petersburg Railroad took over the older railway's properties, and then became part of the Plant System in 1895 accounting for the photographs being captioned "Views along" either the Sanford & St Petersburg or Plant System of Railways. Both railway companies used the photographs to promote tourism and development, projecting a rustic vision of Florida in the late 1890's.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.