- Permanent Link:
- Abigail Carr oral history interview
- Series Title:
- LGBT oral history project
- Carr, Abilgail, 1938-
University of South Florida Libraries -- Florida Studies Center. -- Oral History Program
University of South Florida -- Tampa Library
- Place of Publication:
- Tampa, Fla
- University of South Florida Tampa Library
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 transcript (33 p.) : ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Sexual minorities -- History -- Interviews -- Florida ( lcsh )
Lesbians -- Interviews -- Florida ( lcsh )
Gays -- Social life and customs -- Florida ( lcsh )
Retirement communities -- Florida ( lcsh )
Community life -- Florida ( lcsh )
- Oral history. ( local )
non-fiction ( marcgt )
Oral history ( local )
- This is a transcript of an oral history interview with a lesbian who lives in a gay/lesbian retirement community in Florida, the first such community in the United States. She briefly describes her childhood, education, and life before retiring. Most of the interview focuses on life in the community: how she and her partner discovered it, relationships with neighbors, etc. There is also a substantial tangent about academia.
- Interview conducted March 11, 2009.
- General Note:
- Interviewee name is a pseudonym, used by request of the interviewer.
- Statement of Responsibility:
- interviewed by Jessica Merrick.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- 002037982 ( ALEPH )
460102933 ( OCLC )
L34-00007 ( USFLDC DOI )
l34.7 ( USFLDC Handle )