- Permanent Link:
- Janjaweed attack.
- Place of Publication:
- Refugee camp, Eastern Chad
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- Wax crayons on drawing paper. : ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Genocide -- Sudan -- Darfur ( lcsh )
Ethnic conflict -- Sudan -- Darfur ( lcsh )
Refugees -- Pictorial works -- Sudan ( lcsh )
History -- Pictorial works -- Sudan -- Darfur conflict ( lcsh )
- Drawings (Visual works).
Drawings (Visual works) ( lcsh )
- Drawing that depicts a member of the Janjaweed militia having shot and killed one person and wounding another. Also shown are civilians being attacked by bows and arrows and livestock, including camels, that had been tethered to trees being stolen by the Janjaweed.
- General Note:
- French text on the drawing translates to, "A camel attached to a mango tree. A man runs from an attack by spears. An injured person and another one dying on the ground."
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
- Resource Identifier:
- W36-00529-b ( USFLDC DOI )
w36.529b ( USFLDC Handle )
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xlink http:www.w3.org1999xlink xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance
leader 00000nas 2200000Ka 4500
controlfield tag 008 000000c19749999pautr p s 0 0eng d
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a W36-00529-b
Refugee camp, Eastern Chad,
Wax crayons on drawing paper.
French text on the drawing translates to, "A camel attached to a mango tree. A man runs from an attack by spears. An injured person and another one dying on the ground."
Drawing that depicts a member of the Janjaweed militia having shot and killed one person and wounding another. Also shown are civilians being attacked by bows and arrows and livestock, including camels, that had been tethered to trees being stolen by the Janjaweed.
Copyright: Waging Peace.
v Pictorial works.
Drawings (Visual works).
t Waging Peace Darfuri Children's Drawings
Download Options [CUSTOM IMAGE]close
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.