The Combat of Love and Chastity
- Permanent Link:
- The Combat of Love and Chastity
- Alternate title:
- The Combat of Love and Chastity : Triumph of Chastity
- Perugino, ca. 1450-1523 ( Artist : painter )
Musee du Louvre. ID=FPL
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Paris, France
Style: Italian Early Renaissance
School: Early Renaissance
picture ( marcgt )
- Giorgio Vasari, a 16th-century biographer and artist, wrote that the critical Florentines began to lampoon him, and Perugino replied that they had once praised his work, and, if he now gave the same designs, they had no right to blame him. It is certainly true that the
- General Note:
- Beginning Date: Commissioned in 1503 by Isabella d'Este.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- A01-LIF2372 ( USFLDC DOI )
a1.lif2372 ( USFLDC Handle )
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.loc.govstandardsmarcxmlschemaMARC21slim.xsd
leader nkm 22 a 4500
controlfield tag 007 kh|mo|
008 s flunnn| ||||ineng
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a A01-LIF2372
Perugino, ca. 1450-1523.
e Artist : painter
The Combat of Love and Chastity.
The Combat of Love and Chastity : Triumph of Chastity.
b 160 x 191 cm.
Tempera on canvas.
Beginning Date: Commissioned in 1503 by Isabella d'Este.
Giorgio Vasari, a 16th-century biographer and artist, wrote that the critical Florentines began to lampoon him, and Perugino replied that they had once praised his work, and, if he now gave the same designs, they had no right to blame him. It is certainly true that the
Style: Italian Early Renaissance.
School: Early Renaissance.
Musee du Louvre. ID=FPL
t Art and Art History Collection (Saskia)
No images are available for this item.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.