The Family of King Charles IV of Spain
- Permanent Link:
- The Family of King Charles IV of Spain
- Alternate title:
- Charles IV and his Family
- Goya, Francisco, 1746-1828 ( Artist : painter )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Madrid, Spain
Style: Spanish Rococo Era/Romantic
picture ( marcgt )
- This is one of the first official portraits, if not the first, that Goya executed on the occasion of the crowning of the new Spanish reigning couple. Charles IV (1748-1819) king of Spain 1788-1808, son and successor of Charles III. He was a weak monarch dominated by his wife Maria Luisa of Parma and her lover, Manuel de Godoy, whom he appointed Prime Minister in 1792. Under Charles
- General Note:
- Inventory: 726
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- A01-NSF0091 ( USFLDC DOI )
a1.nsf0091 ( USFLDC Handle )
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.loc.govstandardsmarcxmlschemaMARC21slim.xsd
leader nkm 22 a 4500
controlfield tag 007 kh|mo|
008 s flunnn| ||||ineng
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a A01-NSF0091
Goya, Francisco, 1746-1828.
e Artist : painter
The Family of King Charles IV of Spain.
Charles IV and his Family.
g Ca. 1800
b 280 x 336 cm.
c Oil on canvas.
This is one of the first official portraits, if not the first, that Goya executed on the occasion of the crowning of the new Spanish reigning couple. Charles IV (1748-1819) king of Spain 1788-1808, son and successor of Charles III. He was a weak monarch dominated by his wife Maria Luisa of Parma and her lover, Manuel de Godoy, whom he appointed Prime Minister in 1792. Under Charles
Style: Spanish Rococo Era/Romantic.
t Art and Art History Collection (Saskia)
Closeup; group at left.
No images are available for this item.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.