Portrait of the Bellelli Family (detail)
- Permanent Link:
- Portrait of the Bellelli Family (detail)
- Alternate title:
- The Bellelli Family
- Degas, Edgar, 1834-1917 ( Artist : painter )
Musee d'Orsay. ID=FPO
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Paris, France
Style: French Realist/Impressionist
picture ( marcgt )
- It was at the invitation of Baron Gennaro Bellelli and his wife Laura, artist's aunt (an Italian aunt), that Degas went to Florence in August 1858. There he did numerous drawings of the family. He finally painted his group portrait of the Bellelli Family in his studio in Paris. Cousin Giulia is sitting, cousin Laura is standing with mother, Laura Bellelli, the baron is in an armchair, half-turned to the spectators.
- General Note:
- Inventory: R.F.2210
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- A01-PFF0431 ( USFLDC DOI )
a1.pff0431 ( USFLDC Handle )
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.loc.govstandardsmarcxmlschemaMARC21slim.xsd
leader nkm 22 a 4500
controlfield tag 007 kh|mo|
008 s flunnn| ||||ineng
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a A01-PFF0431
Degas, Edgar, 1834-1917.
e Artist : painter
Portrait of the Bellelli Family (detail).
The Bellelli Family.
g Begun 1858
b 200 x 253 cm.
c Oil on canvas.
It was at the invitation of Baron Gennaro Bellelli and his wife Laura, artist's aunt (an Italian aunt), that Degas went to Florence in August 1858. There he did numerous drawings of the family. He finally painted his group portrait of the Bellelli Family in his studio in Paris. Cousin Giulia is sitting, cousin Laura is standing with mother, Laura Bellelli, the baron is in an armchair, half-turned to the spectators.
Style: French Realist/Impressionist.
Musee d'Orsay. ID=FPO
t Art and Art History Collection (Saskia)
Closeup; Mme Bellelli and daughter at left
No images are available for this item.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.