Scene of War in the Middle Ages (detail)
- Permanent Link:
- Scene of War in the Middle Ages (detail)
- Degas, Edgar, 1834-1917 ( Artist : painter )
Musee d'Orsay. ID=FPO
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Paris, France
Style: French Realist/Impressionist
picture ( marcgt )
- This painting was accepted for the Salon of 1865 but did not receive much attention. This focus on history painting is an indication of Degas' ambition as well as his adherence to the traditional means of winning official commendation and commissions by exhibiting at the Salon.
- General Note:
- Inventory: R.F.2208
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- A01-PFF0443 ( USFLDC DOI )
a1.pff0443 ( USFLDC Handle )
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8 standalone no
record xmlns http:www.loc.govMARC21slim xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.loc.govstandardsmarcxmlschemaMARC21slim.xsd
leader nkm 22 a 4500
controlfield tag 007 kh|mo|
008 s flunnn| ||||ineng
datafield ind1 8 ind2 024
subfield code a A01-PFF0443
Degas, Edgar, 1834-1917.
e Artist : painter
Scene of War in the Middle Ages (detail).
b 81 x 147 cm.
Oil on canvas.
This painting was accepted for the Salon of 1865 but did not receive much attention. This focus on history painting is an indication of Degas' ambition as well as his adherence to the traditional means of winning official commendation and commissions by exhibiting at the Salon.
Style: French Realist/Impressionist.
Musee d'Orsay. ID=FPO
t Art and Art History Collection (Saskia)
No images are available for this item.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.