Karst Hydrology and Physical Speleology
- Permanent Link:
- Karst Hydrology and Physical Speleology
- Bögli, Alfred
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Hydrogeologie ( local )
Höhle ( local )
Karst ( local )
Sediment ( local )
Hydrogeology ( local )
Hydrology ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- The present publication on karst hydrology and physical speleology combines two subjects which have up to now been treated separately. The two fields of knowledge have gone their separate ways, less as a result of differences in subject matter than of varying approaches. The focal point in karst hydrology lies in the description of subter ranean water with its physical and chemical properties, whereas physical speleology de scribes subterranean cavities with their contents (air, water, and sediments), which gen erally have been created by water. Such cavities can be correctly interpreted by means of a knowledge of karst hydrology, yet they in turn yield indications of the pro perties of karst water. Karst hydrology and physical speleology are thus two aspects of the subterranean karst phenomenon and should be viewed congruently. This book addresses geologists, hydrologists, geomorphologists, geographers, and karstologists, above all speleologists, as well as all friends of caves, especially the cavers among them. Its contents must therefore appeal to two groups: on one hand to the academically trained, whether university faculty, graduates, or students, who as a rule have the necessary basic knowledge to be able to understand the theoretical com ments; on the other hand to the laymen, who have fust-hand experience from their own observations in caves, but who often do not dispose over the scientific foundation necessary for an understanding of the phenomena. Therefore occasionally more attention will be given to problems of a simpler nature and to questions of technical terminology.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.