Comparative study on CO_2 sources in soil developed on carbonate rock and non-carbonate rock in Central Guizhou
- Permanent Link:
- Comparative study on CO_2 sources in soil developed on carbonate rock and non-carbonate rock in Central Guizhou
- Series Title:
- Science China Earth Sciences
- Li, Tingyu
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Carbon Dioxide ( local )
Carbon Dioxide In Soil ( local )
Carbonate Rock ( local )
Non-Carbonate Rock ( local )
Central Guizhou ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- In this paper, by using concentration and carbon stable isotope the CO2 sources of soil profiles developed on limestone, dolostone and claystone basements in Central Guizhou, China are comparatively studied. The results show that CO2 concentration of soil profiles developed on different basements is different, having the following sequence: limestone ; dolostone;claystone. Below the soil depth of 20 cm from the surface the Î´13 value of CO2 in soil profile developed on limestone ranges from -12.811%. - -13.492%.(PDB), that in soil profile developed on dolostone varys from -13.212%. - -14.271%.(PDB) and that in soil profile developed on claystone is about-20.234%. - -21.485%.(PDB). Taking the carbon isotope of soil organic matter and carbonate rock as two isotopic endmembers, the proportion of soil CO2 generated by dissolution of carbonate rock is calculated, about 21%â€“25% for soil profile developed on limestone basement, 19%â€“21% for soil profile developed on dolostone basement. There is almost no influx of CO2 generated by the dissolution of carbonate rock in soil profile developed on claystone basement.
- Original Version:
- Science China Earth Sciences, Vol. 45 (2002-08-01).
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.