Subterranean Fishes of the World: An account of the subterranean (hypogean) fishes with a bibliography from 1436.
- Permanent Link:
- Subterranean Fishes of the World: An account of the subterranean (hypogean) fishes with a bibliography from 1436.
- Proudlove, Graham
Elliott, William R.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Subterranean ( local )
Hypogean ( local )
Fish ( local )
Cave Fish ( local )
Groundwater Fish ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- This web site is effectively the second edition of my book on the subterranean fishes of the world (Proudlove 2006). It follows very much the same structure and content and its main aim is to provide an always-up-to-date checklist of the cave and groundwater fishes of the world and detailed species accounts for all species. A fully searchable bibliography of 4000+ entries is also provided. A secondary aim is to provide checklists for the interstitial fishes and for troglomorphic fishes from non-subterranean habitats, and species accounts when time allows these to be prepared. One or two other lists and/or notes may appear if I find them of interest and relevance. Each species account has a Metadata link which takes you to a page describing the methods used, the notation and various other essential guides to using the site effectively.
There are currently 255 species of cave and groundwater fishes, 36 species of interstitial fishes and 45 species with troglomorphic features from non-subterranean habitats (total 336 species).
As of May 2018 the searchable bibliography is jointly authored by Graham Proudlove and William R. Elliott.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.