How confident are we about the definition of boundaries in karst? Difficulties in managing and planning in a typical transboundary environment
- Permanent Link:
- How confident are we about the definition of boundaries in karst? Difficulties in managing and planning in a typical transboundary environment
- Parise, M.
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Karst Aquifers ( local )
Transboundary, Karst Hydrogeology ( local )
Hydraulic Boundaries ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- Karst aquifers may also be transboundary, i.e. crossing political or administrative borders. Typical karst hydrogeology includes a lack of correspondence between the surface and subsurface limits and difficulties in identifying hydraulic boundaries and volumes. A large amount of high-quality drinkable water comes from karst aquifers, with this volume increasing in the future. There is an urgent need to understand karst, and safeguard it and its resources, without being limited by administrative borders. Karst management requires cooperation between the people living on the land, to transfer and disseminate research outcomes, to create awareness of the fragile environment, to build resilience and readiness to cope with natural hazards and the changes they cause, and to minimise disturbance.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.