Relations between surface and underground karst forms inferred from terrestrial laser scanning
- Permanent Link:
- Relations between surface and underground karst forms inferred from terrestrial laser scanning
- Series Title:
- Geological Society, London, Special Publications
- PetroviÄ‡, Aleksandar S.
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Surface Karst Forms ( local )
Underground Karst Forms ( local )
Terrestrial Laser Scanning ( local )
Karst Valleys ( local )
Caves ( local )
Eastern Serbia ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- This paper details methods that contribute towards solving the problem of the spatial relations between surface and underground karst morphology â€“ relationships that are often unclear. The karst landforms studied in this context are karst valleys, through-caves and natural bridges. Two study sites are situated in the Carpatho-Balkan Mountains of eastern Serbia: the dry valley of the Radovanska Reka River on Mt KuÄaj (together with the PeÄ‡ura through-cave) and the Zamna Cave in the wider area of the Danube Gorge. The caves and the closest adjoining parts of the valleys were measured in detail using the terrestrial laser scanning method. The data obtained showed that some previous measurements at these locations, performed with classical traditional instruments, are insufficiently accurate and may lead to wrong conclusions.
- Original Version:
- Geological Society, London, Special Publications, Vol. 466 (2018-01-31).
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.