Sinkholes and the Engineering and Environmental Impacts of Karst (2005)
- Permanent Link:
- Sinkholes and the Engineering and Environmental Impacts of Karst (2005)
- Beck, Barry F.
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Karst Topography ( local )
Water Resources ( local )
Waste Disposal ( local )
Foundation Stability ( local )
Geotechnical And Environmental Issues ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- Proceedings of the 10th Multidisciplinary Conference on Sinkholes and the Engineering and Environmental Impacts of Karst, held in San Antonio, Texas, September 24-28, 2005. Sponsored by the Geo-Institute of ASCE; the Edwards Aquifer Authority; P. E. LaMoreaux and Associates, Inc. Cosponsored by the Southwest Research Institute. This Geotechnical Special Publication contains 71 papers dealing with karst topography, which impacts water resources, waste disposal, foundation stability, and a multitude of other geotechnical and environmental issues. The goal of this conference was to share knowledge and experience between disciplines by emphasizing practical applications and case studies. Topics include: geology and origin of sinkholes and karst; modeling groundwater flow in karst; karst hydrology of the Edwards Aquifer; prevention and remediation of sinkholes and karstic settlement; foundation and geotechnical engineering in karst; karst hydrology and dye tracing; legal issues and government programs related to karst; geophysical applications to investigating karst; GIS, databases, and other computer applications for karst; and karst and sinkholes in evaporites.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.