Discharge hydraulic behavior comparison of two karstic springs in Kuhe-Safid anticline, Khuzestan, Iran
- Permanent Link:
- Discharge hydraulic behavior comparison of two karstic springs in Kuhe-Safid anticline, Khuzestan, Iran
- Series Title:
- Carbonates and Evaporites
- Kalantari, N.
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Karstic Aquifers ( local )
Groundwater Reservoirs ( local )
Discharge Hydraulic Behavior ( local )
Barme-Jamal Springs ( local )
Poto Karstic Springs, ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- Karstic aquifers are important groundwater reservoirs that supply water to many communities in different countries, such as Iran. Therefore, studying the discharge volume and its fluctuations in addition to identify the hydraulic behavior of the karstic springs is very important. This knowledge can be realized by monitoring and analyzing of spring hydrograph in the simplest and effective way, especially by multi-year hydrograph. The main objective of this study is to compare the discharge regimes of Barme-Jamal and Poto karstic springs, formed in Kuhe-Safid anticline, south-east of Khuzestan Province, using multi-year hydrograph analysis. The discharge-stage data have been analyzed for several years to determine the recession coefficients, understand the flow regime in the aquifers and description the hydraulic discharge behavior of each spring. Accordingly, the various scenarios have been investigated based on low and high precipitated water-years. The results show that each of two springs reveals a specific hydraulic behavior based on discharge quantity and recession regimes that indicate its aquifer charactristices. The dominance of diffuse-matrix flow over the conduit flow controls the Barme-Jamal Springs discharge regime and consequently it reveals a normal recession behavior, while for the Poto spring the conduit flow with a threshold is dominant which is a scarce and complex hydraulic behavior.
- Original Version:
- Carbonates and Evaporites, Vol. 34, no. 4 (2018-02-26).
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.