- Permanent Link:
- Series Title:
- Armenian Heritage and Social Memory Program
- Collins, Lori D.
Doering, Travis F.
- Place of Publication:
- DHHC @ USF
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Architecture -- Armenia ( lcsh )
World Heritage areas ( lcsh )
- Time Period:
- Circa ( 1200 - 1280 )
- Kusanats Anapat (St. Tiramair) Church is in the village cemetery, 500 meters east and uphill of the complex. The exact date is unknown, but the design suggests that it is a 13th century building. The church is reached via the eastern gate and following the village road past the spring house. The structure marks the furthest extent of the large village cemetery.
The building is cruciform with a dome on an octagonal drum decorated with small trefoil arches. Three large khachkars (stone crosses) on its southern flank date to the late medieval period.
- We would like to thank the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Catholicosate of All Armenians for their support and participation in this project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This item is licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivative License. This license allows others to download this work and share them with others as long as they mention the author and link back to the author, but they canâ€™t change them in any way or use them commercially.
- Resource Identifier:
- A56-00309 ( USFLDC DOI )
a56.309 ( USFLDC Handle )
P1050484 ( OriginalID )
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.