A Late Glacial Interstadial mammal fauna from Goughâ€™s Cave, Somerset, England
- Permanent Link:
- A Late Glacial Interstadial mammal fauna from Goughâ€™s Cave, Somerset, England
- Series Title:
- The Late Glacial in north-west Europe: human adaptation and environmental change at the end of the Pleistocene
- Barton, N
Roberts, A J
Roe, D A
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Late Glacial Period ( local )
Environmental Stress ( local )
Human Adaptation ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- It is well known that major climatic shifts have taken place throughout human history and that they elicited numerous, rapid and sometimes irreversible environmental responses which profoundly influenced the organisms living in those environments. The Late Glacial period of 14,000-10,000 years ago is a case of special significance, for which the evidence survives in generally good condition. It is a period of pronounced climatic upheaval and instability, being distinguished by a series of short-lived warming and cooling episodes, marking the end of the last Ice Age and the transition to the present Postglacial epoch. Although the Late Glacial in north-west Europe has been widely studied by independent specialists in the different fields of the natural sciences and archaeology, rather less attention has been given to integrating these abundant and diverse lines of evidence under a common unifying theme. This volume of papers therefore seeks to redress the balance by combining the many varied specialist interests in the Late Pleistocene while, at the same time, focusing specifically on the relationship between
- Original Version:
- The Late Glacial in north-west Europe: human adaptation and environmental change at the end of the Pleistocene, Vol. 77 (2000-01-01).
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.