Analysis of Flow Dimension from a Pumping Test in a Karst Aquifer
- Permanent Link:
- Analysis of Flow Dimension from a Pumping Test in a Karst Aquifer
- Series Title:
- Carbonates and Evaporites
- Nassimi, Alireza.
- Springer Nature
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Flow Dimensions ( local )
Conceptual Models ( local )
Karst ( local )
Salman Farsi Dam Site ( local )
Pumping Test ( local )
Iran ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- Pumping test is a well-known method for determining hydraulic characteristics of an aquifer. Diagnostic plot technique is applied to facilitate the identification of an appropriate groundwater flow conceptual model, and for interpretation of the pumping test data. The diagnostic plots of six observation wells around a pumping well at the Salman Farsi Dam Site showed simultaneous presence of integer and non-integer flow dimensions of pumping test around the pumping well. Type of flow pattern on two observation wells shows two-dimensional flow and that on four observation wells follows one-and-a-half-dimensional flow. The results revealed that flow pattern around the pumping well in the karst study area changes from two-dimensional within a distance of less than about 100 m from the pumping well to one-and-a-half dimensional at a distance from the pumping well larger than about 100 m. The change of flow dimensions with increasing distance from the pumping well is due to radial flow around the observation wells within a distance of less than about 100 m from the pumping well, and bilinear flow around the observation wells with a distance of more than about 100 m from the pumping well. Radial and bilinear flows are related to cone of depression and preferential flow paths, respectively.
- Original Version:
- Carbonates and Evaporites, Vol. 33, no. 4 (2017-08-14).
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.