Hydrogeological Setting of a Karstic Aquifer in a Semi-Arid Region: A Case from Cheria Plain, Eastern Algeria
- Permanent Link:
- Hydrogeological Setting of a Karstic Aquifer in a Semi-Arid Region: A Case from Cheria Plain, Eastern Algeria
- Series Title:
- Carbonates and Evaporites
- Chamekh, Khemissi.
Yahiaoui, Abde el Wahab
- Springer Nature
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Hydrogeological ( local )
Groundwater ( local )
Karst ( local )
Cheria ( local )
Tebessa ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- The Cheria basin is formed primarily by succession of three aquifers; from the more important one to the less important. The first one is the Maestrichtian permeable limestone aquifer which exists on the border. The second is Eocene fissured karstic limestone aquifer that constitutes a great potential of water in the study area. Its thickness is varied from 10 to 200 m. The third is mio-plio-quaternary alluvial aquifer which has no hydraulic interest due to the drought of the latest decade, The basin is affected by several tectonic phases and neotectonic movements. Compared with subsurface karstic phenomena (karstified fractures), these data allow us to propose a diagram of the preferential directions evolution of the karstifications (orientations N40 and N140 principally). There are four significant groups obtained from the rose diagram, these groups have been classified according to their order of importance: the first group is 130°â€“140°E; the second group is 100°â€“110°E; the third group is 40°â€“50°E; and the fourth group is 0°E.
- Original Version:
- Carbonates and Evaporites, Vol. 33, no. 4 (2017-10-25).
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.