Invertebrate Faunal Survey of Rope Ladder Cave, Northern Queensland: a Comparative Study of Sampling Methods
- Permanent Link:
- Invertebrate Faunal Survey of Rope Ladder Cave, Northern Queensland: a Comparative Study of Sampling Methods
- Series Title:
- Australian Journal of Entomology
- Weinstein, Philip
- Wiley Online Library
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Northern Queensland ( local )
Invertebrate Faunal Survey ( local )
Rope Ladder Cave ( local )
Cave ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- The macroinvertebrate fauna of Rope Ladder Cave, a tropical cave in northern Queensland, was surveyed for the first time. Fourteen species in 14 families and 10 orders were recorded in pitfall traps, leaf litter traps and by visual searching. They comprised 13 cave dwelling species (four guanophiles, four generalist detritivores, and five predators) and 1 opportunistic forager from the surface. Wet leafâ€litter traps were used for the first time as a survey method of cave fauna, and proved very effective. Such traps simulate the thriving state of a tropical cave following natural flooding. Direct searching was also very effective, but is more dependent on the presence of a surveyor with previous experience.
- Original Version:
- Australian Journal of Entomology, Vol. 34, no. 3 (1995-08-01).
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.