Medical Views on Prehistoric Representations of Human Hands
- Permanent Link:
- Medical Views on Prehistoric Representations of Human Hands
- Series Title:
- Medical History
- Janssens, Paul A.
- Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date:
- serial ( sobekcm )
- IN certain caves, where prehistoric wall-paintings have been discovered, imprints of human hands have also been found. They often appear close to drawings of animals. Sometimes they are separated from these drawings, and at first sight seem to have hardly any connection with them, being there, apparently, by accident. At the present time, reproductions ofhuman hands have been found in some dozen caves, notably in those of Gargas, Bedeilhac, Trois-Freres and Cabrerets in France, and at Altamira and Castillo in Spain.
- Original Version:
- Medical History, Vol. 1, no. 4 (1957-10).
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.