Restriction-site associated DNA sequences of Eurycea salamanders
- Permanent Link:
- Restriction-site associated DNA sequences of Eurycea salamanders
- University of Texas
- Publication Date:
- serial ( sobekcm )
- The objective of this study was to delimit species and infer evolutionary history in a group of salamanders endemic to groundwater environments of the Edwards-Trinity aquifer system in west-central Texas using genome-wide DNA sequence data. The species in this group have small ranges and narrow habitat requirements. Aquifers of the Edwards-Trinity system are under pressure from groundwater development and urbanization, which can result in decreased water quality and reduced springflow. As a result of these pressures, many of the endemic Texas Eurycea are listed as Threatened or Endangered under the Endangered Species Act, and several additional species are currently under consideration for listing. Thus, accurate species delimitation is critical for effective conservation and management of both salamanders and groundwater.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.