A Statistical Theory of Cave Entrance Evolution
- Permanent Link:
- A Statistical Theory of Cave Entrance Evolution
- Series Title:
- Bulletin of the National Speleological Society
- Curl, Rane L.
- National Speleological Society
- Publication Date:
- serial ( sobekcm )
- The question of the number of caves that may exist in a region or a country is one that is often raised by both laymen and scientists. In the past many estimates ranging from mere guesses to those based on empirical deductions have been proposed. To these estimates is now added a statistical approach which gives a more substantial foundation to the postulated number of caves. Rane L. Curl was introduced to cave exploration during the summer of 1952 in Charleston, W. Va. While at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as a graduate student he was chairman of the Boston Chapter of the National Speleological Society. At present Dr. Curl is on the research staff of Shell Devleopment Company in Emeryville, California.
- Original Version:
- Bulletin of the National Speleological Society, Vol. 20 (1958).
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.