The impact of tourism in Romanian show caves: the example of the beetle populations in the Ursilor Cave of Chiscau
- Permanent Link:
- The impact of tourism in Romanian show caves: the example of the beetle populations in the Ursilor Cave of Chiscau
- Series Title:
- Subterranean Biology
- Moldovan, Oana
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Show Caves ( local )
Cave Beetles ( local )
Environmental Stability ( local )
Climatic Change ( local )
Population Dynamics. ( local )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- The disoovery of the Ursilor (Bear's) Cave (Apuseni Mountains, Romania) in the 70th was followed by climatic and biological studies, before its opening as a show cave. Twenty years later these researches were undertaken again The tourism has impacted on the populations of two endemic cave beetles: Pholeuon leptoderum and Drirneotus n. sp. The first one became extremely rare in the tourist part of the cave. Drimeotus has adapted different dynamics during the year in the two parts of the cave; near the tourist path the populations evolves depending on the affluence of the tourists in the summer months, and in the protected part has kept the same pattern as in the early studies.
- Original Version:
- Subterranean Biology, Vol. 1 (2003-01-01).
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida Library
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida
- Rights Management:
- This object is protected by copyright, and is made available here for research and educational purposes. Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce the object beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder.
No images or PDF downloads are available for this resource.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.