Robert Helps collection
- Permanent Link:
- Robert Helps collection
- Portion of title:
- Helps collection
- Helps, Robert
- Physical Description:
- 54 linear ft. (93 boxes) : ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Composers -- United States ( lcsh )
Music -- United States -- 20th century ( lcsh )
- Scope and Content:
- Sketches, manuscripts, and printed scores composed by Robert Helps, including proof copies, annotated copies, and unpublished works. Also includes numerous performance programs, newspaper articles, performance reviews and recordings of Helps' performances on reel to reel tapes, cassette tapes, LP's, digital audio tapes, VHS, and Beta video tapes. Professional and personal correspondence, dating from the 1930s to 2000, is also present.
- Preferred Citation:
- Robert Helps collection, Special Collections Department, Tampa Library, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida.
- American pianist and compuser. Robert Helps (1928-2001) studied under Abby Whiteside, piano, and Roger Sessions, composition. Helps served as professor of piano at the New England Conservatory, the San Francisco Conservatory, Princeton University, Stanford University, the University of California at Berkeley, and the Manhattan School of Music. He was Professor of Music at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida, from 1980 until his death at 72 in 2001. He performed internationally as a soloist and chamber musician. He composed piano, chamber, and symphonic works. In 1996, Robert Helps received an Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- 028877693 ( ALEPH )
748371670 ( OCLC )
HELPS-ROBERT ( USFLDC AGGCODE )
- Mixed Material
No images are available for this item.
Cras ut cursus ante, a fringilla nunc. Mauris lorem nunc, cursus sit amet enim ac, vehicula vestibulum mi. Mauris viverra nisl vel enim faucibus porta. Praesent sit amet ornare diam, non finibus nulla.
Cras efficitur magna et sapien varius, luctus ullamcorper dolor convallis. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Fusce sit amet justo ut erat laoreet congue sed a ante.
Phasellus ornare in augue eu imperdiet. Donec malesuada sapien ante, at vehicula orci tempor molestie. Proin vitae urna elit. Pellentesque vitae nisi et diam euismod malesuada aliquet non erat.
Nunc fringilla dolor ut dictum placerat. Proin ac neque rutrum, consectetur ligula id, laoreet ligula. Nulla lorem massa, consectetur vitae consequat in, lobortis at dolor. Nunc sed leo odio.